Over the years I've gone from Gopher all the way to Go and as my personal website has been sitting in a sorry state for so long, I've decided to finally flex the HTML5+CSS3 skills I've picked up and implement something interesting to me.
Once upon a time I ran Blosxom (circa 2004-06 according to the wayback machine). I loved blosxom – the simplicity, the Perl, but... it was not meant to last. Massive server outage and corruption - site gone.
Then I got lazy and decided to setup Wordpress (2012-15) because I didn't want to be so hands-on with my website. I just wanted things to work and be done with it at the time... then it was hacked a few times and yeah. (Note: typical incident report included a combination of Wordpress, PHP and PEBKAC errors.)
Then I switched things around and wrote up some as-plain-as-it-can-get HTML site which resulted in the abomination that was the prior-to-this-relaunched site.
Here we go!